Equestrian Rhapsody
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cutie Mark Crusaders Go Crusading (Somewhat rock cover)

2 posters

Go down

Cutie Mark Crusaders Go Crusading (Somewhat rock cover) Empty Cutie Mark Crusaders Go Crusading (Somewhat rock cover)

Post  Shaico Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:37 pm

This is my cover of the song that plays during CMC's crusading trying to get their cutie marks in "Show Stoppers". I'm looking for feedback because after this I'm thinking of making an original song.

I'm also thinking of changing the clean guitar you hear into a light distorted guitar. See if that works out well.

Shaico

Back to top Go down

Cutie Mark Crusaders Go Crusading (Somewhat rock cover) Empty Re: Cutie Mark Crusaders Go Crusading (Somewhat rock cover)

Post  Pickslide Pony Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:14 pm

Pretty good. I think the clean sound works well, but if you want to add a tiny bit of overdrive, that'll work, just don't let it overshadow the lead parts.
Pickslide Pony
Pickslide Pony
Admin

https://equestrianrhapsody.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Cutie Mark Crusaders Go Crusading (Somewhat rock cover) Empty Re: Cutie Mark Crusaders Go Crusading (Somewhat rock cover)

Post  Shaico Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:02 pm

Pickslide Pony wrote:Pretty good. I think the clean sound works well, but if you want to add a tiny bit of overdrive, that'll work, just don't let it overshadow the lead parts.

Yeah the lead parts were what I really wanted the focus to go on anyway. I'm also working on a Winter Wrap Up cover similar to this except with much more distortion, but there's so many different pitches at the same time in the original song, it sounds really cluttered. I'll post it later once I'm done.

Shaico

Back to top Go down

Post  Pickslide Pony Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:30 pm

Shaico wrote:
Pickslide Pony wrote:Pretty good. I think the clean sound works well, but if you want to add a tiny bit of overdrive, that'll work, just don't let it overshadow the lead parts.

Yeah the lead parts were what I really wanted the focus to go on anyway. I'm also working on a Winter Wrap Up cover similar to this except with much more distortion, but there's so many different pitches at the same time in the original song, it sounds really cluttered. I'll post it later once I'm done.
Understandable. That's kinda why I wanted At The Gala to have different genres for each pony's part (Hard rock for Rainbow Dash, classical for Rarity, etc.) but I have no idea what to do for the rest of the song, the chorus parts.
Pickslide Pony
Pickslide Pony
Admin

https://equestrianrhapsody.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down