Here's the song list

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Here's the song list

Post  Pickslide Pony on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:28 pm

PeaceIsCloser wrote:What about the instrumental songs? I don't think that William Anderson gets enough love around this fandom.
I'd be willing to do a cover of the instrumental song Cutie Mark Crusaders Go Crusading.
Sure, I have no problem with songs as long as they are inspired by Friendship is Magic.

And Synth, I'll think of a different title for mine and Necro's work. I'll get to him about it and see what he thinks. Smile
avatar
Pickslide Pony
Admin

Posts : 103
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 24
Location : Cloudsdale

View user profile http://equestrianrhapsody.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's the song list

Post  Elision on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:52 pm

Hello! I was hoping to get involved in this. I'm not much of a singer, though. At most I could attempt So Many Wonders, but right now I've got the instrumentals for that and the main theme worked out pretty well. Could someone provide the vocals for those? Or something? I'd just really like to get involved somehow and I don't know how since I can't really sing for beans.

As for originals, well I had been banging out a bit of a Rainbow Dash related tune but it looks you've got plenty already Razz.

edit: forgot to mention this would be on keyboard or ukulele. I don't know the instrumental songs but if someone could give me a few pointers I could try to work them out.
avatar
Elision

Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's the song list

Post  Pickslide Pony on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:56 pm

Hey there. So Many Wonders, though I have my name next to it, is available. I'm just waiting for a vocalist for myself.

I'm always looking for originals, and it doesn't matter on the characters, I was working on a Fluttershy inspired number myself (Soft but has hints of rock in it)
avatar
Pickslide Pony
Admin

Posts : 103
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 24
Location : Cloudsdale

View user profile http://equestrianrhapsody.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Random Suggestion

Post  Duckbro on Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:36 pm

So I was thinking. Playing all the songs from the show is a great idea as far as giving thanks to the creators but what if there was a parody song actually thanking the creators. At the end of the season someone over on 4chan posted a parody song to Winter wrap up called Season Wrap up. What if we did that here as well? Take one of the popular songs and create a parody of it thanking the creators. Or another idea that might be interesting would be to parody every song and use each individual song to thank an individual group within the company. Main animators, background animators, Musical accompaniment, Daniel Ingram, Lauren Faust, Voice Actors, Additional Singers, Producers, maybe even take one of the shorter songs and use it as a quick thanks to the Brony's of the world since it was them that made this spread so fast.

Just something that crossed my mind
avatar
Duckbro

Posts : 1
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 27
Location : Behind you

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's the song list

Post  Pickslide Pony on Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:47 pm

Duckbro wrote:So I was thinking. Playing all the songs from the show is a great idea as far as giving thanks to the creators but what if there was a parody song actually thanking the creators. At the end of the season someone over on 4chan posted a parody song to Winter wrap up called Season Wrap up. What if we did that here as well? Take one of the popular songs and create a parody of it thanking the creators. Or another idea that might be interesting would be to parody every song and use each individual song to thank an individual group within the company. Main animators, background animators, Musical accompaniment, Daniel Ingram, Lauren Faust, Voice Actors, Additional Singers, Producers, maybe even take one of the shorter songs and use it as a quick thanks to the Brony's of the world since it was them that made this spread so fast.

Just something that crossed my mind
Hey, I like that. Someone could do that here, but what song shall we do? Maybe At the Gala?
avatar
Pickslide Pony
Admin

Posts : 103
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 24
Location : Cloudsdale

View user profile http://equestrianrhapsody.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's the song list

Post  Elision on Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:08 pm

At The Gala would be a good one, both because of its context and because I think I remember that just before the last episode came out, Ingram leaked that the last episode had his favorite musical number yet? So having the big special finale be his favorite would be extra-awesome. It would be really cool if we could stitch together a bunch of verses in distinct styles too, just like the original.

Sorry I missed your name next to So Many Wonders Mad. Since my piano playing isn't really anything special, I'm now working on a Celestia themed harpsichord + possibly strings piece, so you could put me down for that.
avatar
Elision

Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's the song list

Post  Pickslide Pony on Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:14 pm

Elision wrote:At The Gala would be a good one, both because of its context and because I think I remember that just before the last episode came out, Ingram leaked that the last episode had his favorite musical number yet? So having the big special finale be his favorite would be extra-awesome. It would be really cool if we could stitch together a bunch of verses in distinct styles too, just like the original.

Sorry I missed your name next to So Many Wonders Mad. Since my piano playing isn't really anything special, I'm now working on a Celestia themed harpsichord + possibly strings piece, so you could put me down for that.
Can do. I call the Rainbow Dash rock part!

But yeah, can do!
avatar
Pickslide Pony
Admin

Posts : 103
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 24
Location : Cloudsdale

View user profile http://equestrianrhapsody.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's the song list

Post  Synth177 on Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:14 pm

Each verse of at the gala could be thanking a different person or crew that worked on the show. Twilight's part needs to be reserved for Lauren Faust though.
avatar
Synth177

Posts : 5
Join date : 2011-06-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's the song list

Post  Pickslide Pony on Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:20 pm

Synth177 wrote:Each verse of at the gala could be thanking a different person or crew that worked on the show. Twilight's part needs to be reserved for Lauren Faust though.

Good idea. Maybe Dash's part could be for Ingram, since I'm thinking of doing that one, and he was the main reason I wanted to do this thing in the first place (Although I'd like the others to feel accepted as well)
avatar
Pickslide Pony
Admin

Posts : 103
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 24
Location : Cloudsdale

View user profile http://equestrianrhapsody.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's the song list

Post  Makkon on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:11 pm

This may be a silly question, but I couldn't find the information anywhere.

Are you accepting existing covers, or were you wanting new material for the album specifically? I have 2 covers (one more vague as a cover than the other) and was wondering if it would benefit you in populating your tracklist with already completed material.

Unfortunately the sonic rainboom is taken, that's my best cover by far.
avatar
Makkon

Posts : 3
Join date : 2011-06-17
Location : The Happy Valley

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/makkon06

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's the song list

Post  Pickslide Pony on Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:40 pm

Makkon wrote:This may be a silly question, but I couldn't find the information anywhere.

Are you accepting existing covers, or were you wanting new material for the album specifically? I have 2 covers (one more vague as a cover than the other) and was wondering if it would benefit you in populating your tracklist with already completed material.

Unfortunately the sonic rainboom is taken, that's my best cover by far.

If you have some existing stuff, go right ahead and give it. I'm accepting anything that's already done if you want.
avatar
Pickslide Pony
Admin

Posts : 103
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 24
Location : Cloudsdale

View user profile http://equestrianrhapsody.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's the song list

Post  Necro on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:07 pm

Is anyone with a good voice for country interested in doing a country reendition of Pony Pokey? Normally I don't play or listen to much country, but I can do a convincing pastiche, and I'll do all the instrumentation.
avatar
Necro

Posts : 13
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 23
Location : Mount Yay

View user profile http://marconormal.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's the song list

Post  Pickslide Pony on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:24 pm

Necro wrote:Is anyone with a good voice for country interested in doing a country reendition of Pony Pokey? Normally I don't play or listen to much country, but I can do a convincing pastiche, and I'll do all the instrumentation.
I would attempt it, but the only kind of country I can do is Weird Al styled stuff. Think Achy Breaky Song
avatar
Pickslide Pony
Admin

Posts : 103
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 24
Location : Cloudsdale

View user profile http://equestrianrhapsody.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's the song list

Post  Necro on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:29 pm

Pickslide Pony wrote:
Necro wrote:Is anyone with a good voice for country interested in doing a country reendition of Pony Pokey? Normally I don't play or listen to much country, but I can do a convincing pastiche, and I'll do all the instrumentation.
I would attempt it, but the only kind of country I can do is Weird Al styled stuff. Think Achy Breaky Song

Given the attitude and placement of the song, that may actually may fit the bill. Razz
avatar
Necro

Posts : 13
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 23
Location : Mount Yay

View user profile http://marconormal.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's the song list

Post  Pickslide Pony on Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:57 pm

Let me just hear it and I'll see how I can approach it Weird Al styled (He's one of my biggest musical influences, if not regular influence. I'm literally a younger version of him)
avatar
Pickslide Pony
Admin

Posts : 103
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 24
Location : Cloudsdale

View user profile http://equestrianrhapsody.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

banjo brony

Post  ajax on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:01 pm

I would love to do a cover of "you gotta share" on the banjo, and i was also thinking of doing a medley of applejack's background banjo music, which there isn't much of, but im thinking of that one particular theme in boast busters where she lassos the apple. I'd force my whole band to do some covers but only one is a fellow brony. When is the deadline?

ajax

Posts : 5
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's the song list

Post  Pickslide Pony on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:21 pm

ajax wrote:I would love to do a cover of "you gotta share" on the banjo, and i was also thinking of doing a medley of applejack's background banjo music, which there isn't much of, but im thinking of that one particular theme in boast busters where she lassos the apple. I'd force my whole band to do some covers but only one is a fellow brony. When is the deadline?
There is no set deadline so far, but we're making better progress than I expected. I'd love to hear what you're planning, though.
avatar
Pickslide Pony
Admin

Posts : 103
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 24
Location : Cloudsdale

View user profile http://equestrianrhapsody.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's the song list

Post  Makkon on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:30 pm

Pickslide Pony wrote:
Makkon wrote:This may be a silly question, but I couldn't find the information anywhere.

Are you accepting existing covers, or were you wanting new material for the album specifically? I have 2 covers (one more vague as a cover than the other) and was wondering if it would benefit you in populating your tracklist with already completed material.

Unfortunately the sonic rainboom is taken, that's my best cover by far.

If you have some existing stuff, go right ahead and give it. I'm accepting anything that's already done if you want.

Sweet! I have two currently finished, though the second one is less of a cover, It's only moderately based off of the main title theme. Download links are in the description.

This one is the 'sonic rainboom' song based off of William Anderson's theme during that episode.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEgmhbQ5PBQ

Luna Deos, certainly an original but it's pony themed alright.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd9qQiwhP5U
avatar
Makkon

Posts : 3
Join date : 2011-06-17
Location : The Happy Valley

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/makkon06

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's the song list

Post  Pickslide Pony on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:34 pm

These are going in. I see they're featured on Equestria Daily, huh? Nice!
avatar
Pickslide Pony
Admin

Posts : 103
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 24
Location : Cloudsdale

View user profile http://equestrianrhapsody.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's the song list

Post  RevbowDash on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:53 am

I'm currently downloading the OST, gonna listen to it then decide


Probably will be electronic though
avatar
RevbowDash

Posts : 6
Join date : 2011-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's the song list

Post  Pickslide Pony on Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:59 am

RevbowDash wrote:I'm currently downloading the OST, gonna listen to it then decide


Probably will be electronic though
Electronic is fine. Very Happy
avatar
Pickslide Pony
Admin

Posts : 103
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 24
Location : Cloudsdale

View user profile http://equestrianrhapsody.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's the song list

Post  due 07 on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:01 am

I'll be recording my cover of Giggle at the Ghostie tomorrow. Shit shall be cash. It's going to be lofi in the style of Hunx and his Punx.

due 07

Posts : 1
Join date : 2011-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's the song list

Post  RevbowDash on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:02 am

We should do the OP with everybody, with gang vocals!
avatar
RevbowDash

Posts : 6
Join date : 2011-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's the song list

Post  Pickslide Pony on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:10 am

RevbowDash wrote:We should do the OP with everybody, with gang vocals!

Maybe so.
avatar
Pickslide Pony
Admin

Posts : 103
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 24
Location : Cloudsdale

View user profile http://equestrianrhapsody.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's the song list

Post  RevbowDash on Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:14 am

Oh yeah, my OST download only had like half the songs on the OP list


Where can I get the rest?
avatar
RevbowDash

Posts : 6
Join date : 2011-06-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Here's the song list

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum